Important Update Notes
Please check the Compatibility of your add-on products.
QUICK Technology considerably simplifies the use of Cryptshare! Instead of having to exchange one-time passwords manually, QUICK will take over the management of passwords for your users so they don’t have to deal with passwords anymore but can send and receive information passwordless.
For more information please use the following links:
Verification reset recommended
QUICK Technology only works on the highest possible security level if secure QUICK verification tokens can be used. This can only be guaranteed if all previously issued verification tokens have been invalidated during the post update step.
It is therefore highly recommended to invalidate existing verifications during the post update.
- No invalidation:
- Cryptshare and QUICK Technology work without any constraints.
- QUICK does not work on the highest possible security level.
- QUICK will work on the highest possible security level.
- All users will need to perform a verification again.
Impact on performance
Please note that due to the technical complexity of the QUICK Technology an increased consumption of resources on the Cryptshare Server is expected. It is therefore recommended to check the general utilization of the system before updating and, if necessary, provide additional system resources in order to use QUICK. The average increase is approx. 15%.
Due to structural changes in the language packages, all supported server language packages will be updated automatically, customized language packages will be removed during the update process (a backup is done before). If more language packages are needed, it is required to download and install them again.
Delta-File for changed passages
In case your language packages have been modified, the attached delta-file delta_english_lp_4.2.1_to_4.3.0.txt can help you to locate the changes in this update and re-apply the modifications.
Password Reset for administrative access
After Cryptshare has been updated to v4.3.0, only users with administrative privileges will be able to login into the administration interface. During the post update procedure, all passwords for users with administrative access will be reset. This means:
- After the post update has been initiated, only the administrator who initiated the update will be able to login afterwards.
- Other administrators cannot login until the initiating administrator has triggered a password-reset for these users.
Changed Cipher Suites
Changed Cipher Suites
Please note, that the update changes the cipher suite configuration of the Jetty server. The following cipher suite setting will be applied:
If you have adjusted your cipher suite configuration, please apply these changes after the update again. The update will not migrate changed settings.
Distribution Upgrade: openSUSE 42.3 to 15.0
Cryptshare Version 4.3.0 enables another upgrade of the underlying operating system. After the update to version 4.3.0 is finished, the Cryptshare Administration Interface will offer the possibility to initiate the upgrade process.
Read the distribution upgrade manual before upgrading
A distribution upgrade makes significant changes to the underlying operating system. It is strongly recommended that you read the documentation before starting the upgrade process: Distribution Upgrade
Changes in this version
- Introduced the possibility to work with multiple users in the same browser while keeping existing verifications for each user.
- Introduced upgrade capabilities from openSUSE 42.3 to openSUSE 15.0.
- Introduced the possibility for administrators to reset a password for another administrator.
- Improved the process for administrators to change their own password.
- Resolved an issue where the download summary was not sent to the sender after a transfer expired.
- The summary page in the user interface now also shows sender information.
- The Java Runtime Environment has been updated to v11.0.3.
- The Jetty libraries have been updated to v9.4.17.
- Minor design improvements in the user interface.
- Resolved a security issue in the content viewer when viewing RTF content.
- No labels