You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Use this tab to define connection settings to the Cryptshare Server.
The Cryptshare for Notes application needs to be registered at the Cryptshare Server as part of the setup process. The registration process creates a file called "client.store". This file contains information the Cryptshare for Notes uses to authenticate at the Cryptshare Server.
To register proceed as follows:
- Enter the Cryptshare Server URL.
- Set up the proxy configuration.
Create or select a directory for the client.store file and a directory for the files to be transferred in the file system of your Domino Server before proceeding with the following steps.
Please make sure to set Read, Write and Delete rights to the directories for your Domino Server.
- Create the client.store file by clicking on the button .
- Click the button in the line "Client ID" to create a new Client-ID.
- Click the button to copy the Client ID into the clipboard in the next dialogue.
- Open the web admin frontend of your Cryptshare Server and paste the Client ID into the corresponding field. If you are running a Cryptshare Server prior to version 2.6.2, you need to set the verification mode to "Client". Please refer to the admin manual of your Cryptshare Server for details.
- If you see an SSL error message during the following steps, please proceed as described in chapter 5.4!
- Click on the button in the line "Minimum Password Length" to read this value from the configuration of your Cryptshare Server and store the value here. If you change the value on the Cryptshare Server later, you can refresh the value in CS4N by clicking the button again.
- Click on the button in the line "Max. size of files to be transferred" to read this value from the configuration of your Cryptshare Server. If you change the value on the Cryptshare Server later, you can refresh the value in C4N by clicking on the button again.
|Cryptshare Server URL (DNS-Name)||URL of your Cryptshare Server. Required for file uploads. The button takes you to the URL in your default browser.|
|Connect using IP address|
Option. If you are using a reverse proxy server, you may have to turn this option on to connect directly via an IP address instead of using a DNS name.
CS4N will still use the Cryptshare Server URL for building the download links for recipients.
|Proxy||If you connect via a proxy server you need to provide the connection details for your Domino Server to connect to the Cryptshare Server via the proxy.|
|Path name incl. Client.store Filename||Path to the directory where the client.store file resides. Append the filename to the pathname. You may have to create the directory manually.|
|Directory for files to be transferred||Directory in which the files that are to be transferred via Cryptshare are temporarily stored. Please use an absolute pathname on the Domino Server. You may have to create the directory manually.|
|client.store File||Shows if a client.store file has been created. The file contains information that Cryptshare for Notes requires to authenticate against the Cryptshare Server.|
|Button||Deletes authentication data from the CS4N application (i.e.: the client.store file on the Domino Server). Also the following entries are deleted: Client ID, minimum password length, maximum transfer size.|
ID that has been read from the client.store file. This ID needs to be registered on the Cryptshare Server to allow CS4N to authenticate. If you are using a Cryptshare Server prior to V2.6.2 you also need to make sure to set the verification mode to "Client".
The button takes you to the web admin frontend of your Cryptshare Server.
|Minimum Password Length||Minimum password length according to the Cryptshare Server configuration.|
|Max. Transfer Size||The maximum size of a transfer according to the Cryptshare Server configuration.|
|Retention Period on Cryptshare Server||Maximum retention time of files according to the Cryptshare Server configuration. This information is part of the texts and messages available to senders and recipients.|
The field values are updated with the current values from the Cryptshare Server when you click on . Use this button after first-time installation of CS4N or whenever you have changed configuration settings on the Cryptshare Server.
- No labels