- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
You can apply a password from a data source within IBM Notes for messages that are processed by Cryptshare based on rules. This password needs to be entered by the recipient when downloading the files. Thus, you can for example automatically send messages with recipient-specific passwords coming out of a customer database instead of using one-time passwords for automatic file transfers.
The following steps need to be taken to enable this feature. Open the database from which you generate the messages. Open the "Memo" form and add a field "UserPassword". The password is handed over to Cryptshare in this field in an encrypted way so that it is not readable to anybody. Encryption of the password takes place using the function "CS4N_Encrypt_Password()" that can be found in the Script Library "Befine-CS4N-Password" in the template "-T- Cryptshare Library".
You want to allow user to set a password directly in the Notes Memo Form. Take the following steps:
- Open the application in which you create the message in Domino Designer.
Copy the script library "Befine-CS4N-Password" from the template "-T- Cryptshare Library" into your application.
The source code of the library is not visible.
Avoid recompiling the source code. This would lead to errors because an empty script library would be recompiled. After compiling, the library needs to be copied into the application again from „-T- Cryptshare Library“.
- Include the script library "BEFINE-CS4N-Password" into the memo form you want to modify using the command
- Create an editable text field named <UserPassword> in your memo form. This is the field where the user enters the password in plain text.
- Run the function "CS4N_Encrypt_Password(UserPW, ret_EncryptPW)" when saving the Memo Document (e.g. using the QuerySave Event) and save the encrypted password, that you get in parameter 2, in the field "UserPassword".
- You can now send the Memo Document.
This function uses two parameters (see below).
True = Processing ok, the function has completed without errors.
|Parameter 1: UserPW||Password in plain text as entered by the sender.|
|Parameter 2:ret_EncryptPW||Encrypted password returned by the function.|