|All versions of Cryptshare Server|
In this article, you will find an overview on how to set up a new SSL certificate, install your wildcard certificate, generate a CSR or resolve certificate related error messages.
Generating CSR from existing keystore
If you already have a Keystore on your Cryptshare Server and would like to generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for a certificate authority please follow this article:
Installation of an existing SSL certificate (e.g. wildcard SSL certificate)
This article describes how to install an already existing SSL certificate (e.g. wildcard SSL certificate) to your Cryptshare Server
2. Select JKS for new KeyStore type
3. Import the available SSL certificate
4. Select the certificate format, e.g. pkcs12 (.pfx) or OpenSSL (.crt, .cer, .pem)
5. Use the default password 'CA0AZhuFM4NogQh', to import the key pair
6. Import and check the certificate chain
7. Save the KeyStore
8. Use the default password 'CA0AZhuFM4NogQh', to save the KeyStore
9. Install the created KeyStore on the Cryptshare Server Setting up an SSL Certificate#InstallingtheKeystoreontheCryptshareServer
SSL certificate related errors:
Start failed after SSL KeyStore installation
A new KeyStore is created or a new SSL certificate is installed in the existing KeyStore, but the Cryptshare Server start failed after the KeyStore is installed.
The most common reason is a wrong KeyStore format or a wrong password.
Please check whether the following settings are correct:
2. the password for the certificate in the KeyStore is the default password 'CA0AZhuFM4NogQh'
3. The password for the KeyStore is the default password 'CA0AZhuFM4NogQh'
The requested public SSL certificate cannot be imported
The requested SSL certificate cannot be imported into the Keystore with the following error:
- English: Could not establish trust for the CA Reply.
- German: Vertrauenskette für die CA Antwort konnte nicht erstellt werden.
Export the private key from the keystore used for the creation of the CSR file and import it together with the requested SSL certificate into a new keystore.
2. klick with the right mouse button on the entry in the keystore
3. open the menu entry 'Export --> Export Private Key'
4. save the private key in OpenSSL format to your local machine
5. create new Java-Keystore of type JKS
6. impot the available SSL certificate
7. select the certificate format, e.g. pkcs12 (.pfx) or OpenSSL (.crt, .cer, .pem)
8. import and check the certificate chain
9. save the Keystore
10. use the default password 'CA0AZhuFM4NogQh', to save the Keystore
11. install the created keystore on the Cryptshare server Setting up an SSL Certificate#InstallingtheKeystoreontheCryptshareServer