From version 2.8 the functionality of CS4N can be integrated into the standard "Memo" form of the personal mail file. Your users can use Cryptshare without having to switch to another application. This provides a simplified user experience for secure e-mails and large files. This document describes how the appropriate design elements should be added to the e-mail template.
Required Software and Credentials
- The Notes Designer client and Developer level access rights are required to make changes to the mail template
- The Domino Administration Client and Administrator level access rights are required to set up Domino server rules.
The following prerequisites need to be fulfilled to allow for successful communication between the extensions in the New Memo Form and the CS4N Configuration:
- Three entries in NOTES.INI have to made on the users' computers to allow for communication between the client and the CS4N application
- A Domino server rule for forwarding e-mails has to be created.
Creating the NOTES.INI entries on the client
The entries can be created in two ways:
- Using SmartIcon Roll-Out via E-mail. If the CS4N SmartIcon is installed on the client, the INI settings are made automatically.
- The INI settings can be made manually or can be deployed using Notes Policy
The follwoing entries need to be present on the users' workstation computers:
|INI Variable Name||Description|
|$BEFINE_ContentLanguage||Contains the client language of the current user|
Example: $BEFINE_ContentLanguage = EN
Contains the Domino Server Name on which CS4N has been installed:
Example: $BEFINE_CS4LNServer = befineDemoV01/Befine/DE
Contains the path name of the CS4N application relative to the Domino Server's data directory
Example: $BEFINE_CS4LNApp = befine\CS4N\cryptshare.nsf
Domino Server Rule
At least one mail routing rule has to be set up on Domino server to forward messages to the Cryptshare.nsf database in order that mails are sent encrypted via CS4N. The extension to the mail file template automatically adds a configurable tag to the subject line of Cryptshare messages while sending. This tag is recognised by the Domino server rules so that the message is forwarded into Cryptshare.nsf. This tag is automatically removed during processing of the message.
Creating Rules in the Domino Directory
Rules can be created in the Domino Directory. Open the tab "Configuration" in your Domino Administrator client. In the left-hand side navigation, open "Messaging" - "Configurations". Edit the configuration document for your server. The controls for setting up rules can be found on the tab "Router/SMTP" - "Restrictions and Controls" - "Rules".
Server Rule - Example
The sender address has to contain your own Domino Domain, to prevent incoming mails from being processed by the rule, and the subject line has to contain the tag
[CS4N] (Sub-Tab "Rule-based processing")
If these conditions are met, the message is copied into Cryptshare.nsf.
After having set up a server rule, the Domino Router has to be re-started for the rule to take effect.
You can define how to deal with messages that are processed based on rules using the Sub-Tab "Rule-based processing"
The following steps describe, how you can integrate the extension into your mail template :
Open the template "-T- Cryptshare Library V2.10.0" in the Domino Designer Client.The design of the script library is hidden. Please never save the script library or compile the e-mail template as this will lead to errors.
- Copy the script library into the the area with the same name (Code-> Script Library) in your mail template.
- Copy the subform into your mail template (Common Elements --> Subforms).
- Copy the 4 graphic elements to your e-mail template
Now open the Memo Form in Domino Designer (Alias: Memo)
- Steps 5 to 14 also need to be performed for the Reply Form (Alias: Reply)
- In the Globals area, add the command: Use "Befine-CS4N-Mail-Integration"
- Add the code lines Call CS4N_QuerySave(Source, Continue) and If Continue = False then Exit Sub to the QuerySave event in the memo form.
- In the Queryclose event of the memo form, insert the program line Call CS4N_QueryClose(cMemoObject, Continue)
- Insert the Cryptshare for Notes subform below the memo header table. To do this, proceed as described in points 9 to 12.
Position the cursor into the line and open the dialog for adding a subform. Step to .
In the following dialogue, highlight the checkbox Formula-based subform and confirm with OK.For clarity, we recommend this way of implementing a subform. However, you can also implement it directly.
- Add the text "Befine CS4N-Integration" to the box for the formula of the calculated Subform "Befine CS4N-Integration" and confirm.
- Save the Form.
Now update the design of your mail application using the modified template.
Re-Start the Notes Client. This will make sure that all cached elements are updated. The Memo form will now look as follows.
The available options for the subform are defined by the CS4N configuration and are identical to the available options within the Memo Form within Cryptshare.nsf
Using tags and spell checker at the same time.
To make sure that a message is forwarded into Cryptshare.nsf, a tag (e.g. [CS4N]) is temporarily added to the subject line of the outbound message. The tag is automatically removed by Cryptshare.nsf so that the recipient will receive the original subject line.
If the spell checker is active, however, it will probably highlight the tag [CS4N] as this string is unknown to it. Thus, it is recommended to add the tag to the dictionary. If the user removes the tag during spell checking, the message will not be recognized by the Domino Server rules and not be processed by Cryptshare.